|Invention Salvi Quick Info|
|Date of birth||October 20, 1981|
|eye color||dark brown|
invention salvik is an Indian former professional cricketer, who represented his country as a frontline fast bowler in 4 ODIs between April and November 2003. He took 4 wickets in those 4 games, but several injuries after that not only paid off for his international career, but also severely hampered his participation in domestic cricket. In the Indian domestic circuit, he played for his home city team of Mumbai (2001–2013) in all 3 formats. In IPL (Indian Premier League), he played for Delhi Daredevils (2009-2011). In 2013, he announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
name at birth
Invention Madhav Salvik
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The invention is one of the most academically talented cricketers that India has seen. He did Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree in Astrophysics.
Professional Cricketer (Retd)
- siblings – Onkar Salvi (Brother) (Cricket Coach)
6 feet or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- short, wavy hair
- friendly smile
- clean shaven look
invention salvi facts
- Growing up, the ideal of invention was Australian fast bowler Glenn McGrath. With the same height and build as his idol, he modeled his bowling run-up and action according to Glenn’s style. This paid huge dividends as his performances improved dramatically and he was fast-tracked from relative obscurity, first as a backup seamer for his home team, and then within a few years for the national team. In.
- In his first international match for India, in an ODI against Bangladesh, he recorded impressive figures of 7-1-15-2 as India defeated Bangladesh by a huge margin of 200 runs. He had dismissed both the Bangladesh team openers in that match and by that time his team was trailing 11/3 and they never recovered from that opening attack. The match was part of a triangular ODI series between India, South Africa and Bangladesh. The final between India and South Africa was rained out and the match was rescheduled for a reserve day. Rain had spoiled the game that day as well and India and South Africa were forced to share the trophy.
- In 2009, the second season of IPL (Indian Premier League), both he and Glenn were part of Delhi Daredevils Voting. This fulfilled a lifelong dream for the inventor as he could not only choose the mind of the great chief but also live out his dream of bowling with his hero in the end.
- After his retirement from competitive cricket, he has entered coaching. He was appointed the head coach of the Puducherry (a union territory in India) team in 2018. With the team improving under his leadership, the local cricket administration extended his term in 2020, but his plans were damaged by the outbreak. covid 19 pandemic. In late 2019, he was also hired as a fast bowling coach for the Oman national cricket team (on an assignment basis).
- His first name is invention, the Hindi word for invention.
Featured image by Avishkar Salvi / Instagram