|Amir Aliqbari Quick Info|
|height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Date of birth||11 December 1987|
|eye color||dark brown|
Amir Alikbari is an Iranian professional mixed martial artist and former wrestler who has participated in promotions such as Full Metal Massacre (2015), Real Fight Championship (2015), Rizin Fighting Federation (2016-2017), Absolute Championship Barkuto (2018), Absolute Championship Akhmati (2019), and One Championship (2022-present). By the end of October 2022, he had a 10–3 win-loss record in professional mixed martial arts bouts. Before switching to mixed martial arts in 2014, he was a skilled wrestler who excelled in the Greco-Roman format. Representing Iran, he won the ‘gold’ medal in 2010 Moscow world wrestling championship (96 kg) and 2009 Pattaya Asian Wrestling Championship (96 kg). He won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2013 Kazano Universiade (120 kg) and won the ‘Bronze’ medal in 2009 Herning world wrestling championship (96 kg). His promising wrestling career came to an abrupt end in 2013 when Philae (Federation Internationale des Lutes Associations), known as the international governing body for the sport of amateur wrestling, banned him for life after a second doping offense.
name at birth
Amir Aziz Aliqbari
Jamalabad, Alan Barghush Rural District, Sarab County, East Azerbaijan Province, Iran
Aamir, after graduating high school, had joined Islamic Azad UniversityA private university system headquartered in Tehran.
Professional mixed martial artist, former wrestler
6 feet 8 inches or 203 cm
6 feet 4 inches or 193 cm
118 kg or 260 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Iranian origin.
- toned physique
- giant frame
- side-parted, side-cropped hair
- sport a thick beard
- friendly smile
Amir Aliqbari facts
- The first fault of Amir’s wrestling career came in 2012 when he missed London. olympics Due to a doping suspension. a year later, in world wrestling championshipHe won the ‘gold’ medal in the 120kg category. However, in December 2013, he was banned for life after a second doping offense was reported and his ‘gold’ medal was also stripped from him.
- In 2014, a longtime MMA entrepreneur named Mishal Abul convinced him to pursue a career in mixed martial arts. He reluctantly agreed, thus becoming the first Iranian wrestler to pursue an MMA career. He made his professional MMA debut in October 2015 and won his first 2 bouts via TKO in the first round.
- In early 2016, he signed up with Japanese Promotions. Rizin Fighting Federation, Was involved in promotion after 5 victories in 6 matches Absolute Championship Barkuto in December 2017.
- In June 2019, it was reported that he was signed by Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) after he was offered compensation for his then-promotion for early termination of his contract. This amount was later donated to a charitable cause. However, he was forced to withdraw from the party. UFC The contract due to a doping ban that was handed to him by the international amateur wrestling governing body as well as US economic sanctions on Iran.
- In August 2020, he had signed a contract with One ChampionshipSingapore-based mixed martial arts promotion.
Featured image by Amir Aliqbari / Instagram