|Enrique Nortje Quick Info|
|Date of birth||November 16, 1993|
|Husband or wife||Mikaela Nortje|
Enrique Nortje is a South African professional cricketer who has represented his country as a frontline fast bowler in all 3 formats of the game (Test, ODI and T20I). In the South African domestic circuit, he has played for the regional team Eastern Province (2012–13–present) and the franchise team. Warrior’s (2015-16-present) in all 3 formats. a turbulent fast bowler, he turns out Cape Town Blitz (2018–19–present) in MSL (Mzansi Super League) and Delhi Capitals (2020-present) in IPL (Indian Premier League). In November 2020, in a move that indicated his growing importance in the sport, Delhi Capitals He was included in the 4 players who were picked by the franchise to retain them ahead of the upcoming match. IPL Mega auction being organized after the expansion of the league by adding 2 new franchises.
name at birth
Enrique Arno Nortje
Kariega, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
Enrique had attended Die Horschool Brandwag, a high school in Utenhenge, Eastern Cape Province. After graduating high school, he joined Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, a public university in Port Elizabeth. From there he had graduated with Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Financial Planning.
- Mother — Amanda Nortjek
- siblings – Anton Nortje (Older Brother), Lizelle Bouvier (Older Sister)
right hand fast
- 20 – Test Matches, One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 2 – Cape Town Blitz (MSL)
- 02 – Delhi Capitals (IPL)
6 feet or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Enrique has dated –
- Mikaela Nortje (2019-Present) – Enrich married his long-term girlfriend, a teacher named Mikaela, in May 2019.
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch origin.
- toned physique
- short cut, side parted hair
- friendly smile
- game a fat stub
Enrique is sponsored by –
- new balance south africa
- kookaburra cricket
Enrique Nortje Facts
- Growing up, Enrique was a big fan of rugby and aspired to pursue a professional career in the sport. However, when he was in 11th grade, he suffered a collarbone injury while playing rugby. It was only after this injury that he decided to focus his attention on cricket.
- In April 2019, he received the 2019 . was included in the South African squad for ICC Cricket World Cup But had to pull out of the tournament due to a hand injury.
- In July 2020, he was honored with the ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award cricket south africaAnnual Awards Ceremony.
- That same month, he was named in St. Lucia Zouks’ Squad for the 2020 edition of cpl (Caribbean Premier League). However, he was one of 5 South African cricketers to miss the tournament after failing to confirm travel arrangements in due course. This was due to complications in global travel that took place in the aftermath of the Kovid-19 pandemic.
- In October 2020, during the year IPL, he delivered a ball that was recorded at 156.22 kmph (97 mph). This is the fastest ball ever bowled in the tournament.
Featured image by Anrich Nortje/Instagram