Christopher Roger Vokes is an English cricketer who has represented his country in all formats. He represents Warwickshire in domestic cricket and has played in several Twenty20 competitions including the Indian Premier League for Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Capitals.
|Full Name||Christopher Roger Vokes|
|Date of birth||March 2, 1989 (age 32)|
|birth place||Birmingham, West Midlands, England|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Wife||Amy Louise Woakes|
|net worth||$5.2 million|
Chris Woakes Biography
Chris Woakes is a professional English cricketer who was born on 2 March 1989 in Birmingham, a large city in the West Midlands of England. Christopher Roger Vokes is his full name and Vokes is his surname.
Chris Woakes started playing cricket at the age of eight and was a member of ‘Aston Manor Cricket Club’. Eventually he became a member of the ‘Walmley Cricket Club’ in Sutton Coldfield, England. He was selected for the Warwickshire cricket team in 2006 and made his first-class debut against West Indies A in Birmingham, England. In 2011, he was selected for the ‘England Cricket Team’ and made his debut against Australia in Adelaide, South Australia. In 2011, Woakes made his One Day International debut against Australia in Sydney. Just over a week later, on 30 January, he took a career-high 6/45 against Australia in Brisbane.
Chris Woakes Height, Weight, Body Measurements
He is 6 feet 1 inch tall. His weight is about 80 kg. She has beautiful warm blue eyes and brown hair. There is no information about his chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, biceps etc.
- Chris Woakes, a right-handed batsman and right-arm fast-medium bowler from England, is famous for his bowling style.
- He led Warwickshire’s county bowling averages in 2008, earning him a place in the English Lions squad.
- In 2009, he was also selected for the preliminary round of the ICC World Twenty20 Championship. Kolkata Knight Riders bought him for Rs 2 crore. 4.2 crores for Indian Premier League, IPL 2017.
- He is regarded as one of the most talented all-rounders in modern cricket.
- Vox graduated from Barr Beacon Language College between 2000 and 2007.
- Woakes wanted to play cricket ever since he was seven years old. He started his cricket career playing for Aston Manor Cricket Club and later transferred to Walmley Cricket Club to play first team high level cricket.
- His colleagues always considered him a bowler with a unique temperament. In 2006, he also appeared in three Minor Counties Trophy games for Herefordshire. Between 2014 and 2007, he played for Warwickshire’s under-15 and under-17 teams, as well as the academy and second XI.
- He took 42 wickets at an average of 20.57 throughout the County Championship season, and he also led Warwickshire in the bowling figures.
- Woakes made his International Twenty20 league debut on 12 January 2012. He took one wicket for only 34 runs in the match.
- Australian captain Cameron White became his first victim. After this Woakes managed to play well in further league matches.
- In an ODI against Sri Lanka in 2016, he became the leading run scorer with 95 runs batting at number 8.
- He became the first England bowler in Test history to take 11 wickets against Pakistan.
- In August 2018, he scored his maiden Test century (137 not out) against India at Lord’s.
- In the second Test against Sri Lanka in 2016, he took 9 wickets for just 36 runs.
- On 21 June 2016, he scored his highest ODI score of 95 not out in the first ODI against Sri Lanka. His score is the highest ODI score in ODI history at number eight or below.
- Woakes took figures of 6–70 in the first innings of Pakistan’s first Test against Pakistan in 2016. He then took 5–32 in Pakistan’s second innings.
chris woakes net worth
Chris Woakes (Christopher Roger Woakes) has a net worth of $5.2 Million (38,47,89,080.00 Indian Rupees). Chris Woakes is a cricketer of the English Cricket Board (ECB). He represents England in all three formats as an all-rounder (Test, ODI and T20I). Born on 2 March 1989, Chris Woakes made his first-class debut for Warwickshire in August 2006 against the visiting West Indies ‘A’ team at Birmingham.
Moving on, the cricketer has a lot of sponsorship deals. He often earns money through sponsorship agreements. He is believed to have more sponsorship contracts than the rest of his club members. For example, Vox has promoted one of cricket’s most recognizable brands, Gray Nicholls. Nonetheless, he has promoted Max Mobile, an Indian manufacturing company, as well as Unibet, a T-shirt sponsor.
chris woakes wife marriage children
Amy Louise Woakes was born in a British family and is better known as the wife of Chris Woakes. Though nothing is known about their personal life, but as per the alleged sources, the couple dated for quite some time before deciding to get married. Chris Woakes and Amy did not make their relationship public in any way before marriage.
Chris Woakes, an English cricketer and his wife Amy have two adorable newborn daughters. The eldest child’s name is Laila Louise Vox and she was born in 2018. Their second daughter, Evie Louise Vox, was born on October 1, 2020.
Awards & Achievements
- Chris Woakes and Sarah Glenn were named the Professional Cricketers’ Association’s “Sportsmen of the Year”.
- He took 3 wickets in the 2019 World Cup semi-final against Australia to win man of the match and lead England to the World Cup final against New Zealand for the first time since 1992. Woakes again took 3 wickets in the final as England went ahead. to win the world cup
- Chris Woakes wins the Investec Test Player of the Summer award during the PCA Awards at Grosvenor House on September 28, 2016 in London, England.
- Later, he joined the ‘Wolmley Cricket Club’ in Sutton Coldfield, England.
- He was selected for the ‘Warwickshire cricket team’ in 2006 and made his first-class debut against the West Indies at Birmingham, England.
- He also played for Herefordshire, Marylebone Cricket Club, Sydney Thunder, Warwickshire and Wellington.
- In 2011, he was named in the ‘England’ cricket team and made his debut against Australia in Adelaide, South Australia.
- He was voted Wisden’s ‘Cricketers of the Year’ in 2016.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) paid Rs 4.2 crore for him in the 2017 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
- The ‘Royal Challengers Bangalore’ (RCB) paid Rs 7.4 crore for him in the 2018 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.