|Derek Chisora Quick Info
|6 feet 2 inches
|Date of birth
|December 29, 1983
Derek Chisora is a British professional boxer, best known as a challenger for WBC (World Boxing Council) Heavyweight title against Vitali Klitschko in 2012. At the regional level, he held the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles from 2010 to 2011 and the European heavyweight titles from 2013 to 2014. As an amateur, he had wonEngland Boxing National Amateur Championship In the super-heavyweight category in 2006. As of November 2022, he was ranked the 9th best active heavyweight boxer in the world by whom? BoxRec (Dedicated website for keeping updated records of both professional and amateur boxers, both male and female). At the end of a calendar year, they are ranked among BoxRecK ‘Top 10’ heavyweight boxer 7 times, with the highest ranking of world No.6 in 2013. As of December 2022, he had won 32 of the 44 matches he had featured in his professional career. 23 of these 32 wins were by knockout.
name at birth
Del Boy, War
Mbare, Harare, Zimbabwe
London, England, United Kingdom
Derek attended Churchill SchoolA public, day and boarding school for boys in Eastlea, Zimbabwe.
- father — Paul Chisora
- Mother – Viola Chisora
6 feet 2 inches or 188 cm
6 feet 2 inches or 188 cm
114 kg or 251.5 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Derek has dated –
- yalda contrachy – In November 2010, Derek was found guilty of assaulting his then-girlfriend Yalda Contrachi after he had seen another man’s text messages on his phone. Then his sentence of 12 weeks was suspended for 2 years and he narrowly escaped the prison sentence. He was also ordered to pay £1,500 in compensation and £500 in costs and to complete 150 hours of community work. Shortly after, the pair separated.
He has 2 daughters from an unnamed relationship.
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of African (Zimbabwean) descent.
- toned physique
- clipped hair
- sport a thick beard
Facts of Derek Chisora
- Derek’s parents divorced when he was about 4 years old after which he was raised by his maternal grandfather and step-grandfather.
- when he was studying in Churchill School In Zimbabwe, he served as a paramedic for the school’s sports team.
- His family moved to the United Kingdom in 1999 when he was about 16 years old.
- He was a late entrant to the sport of boxing and started training in the sport only about 3 years after moving to the UK. his boxing club, Finchley ABC In north London, it was also the training ground for future heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
- In November 2015, he was arrested by the traffic police near Hyde Park in London. It was later reported that he was driving without a valid driving license, insurance, and joke Certificate (annual test of vehicle safety, roadworthiness aspects and exhaust emissions required in the United Kingdom for most vehicles older than 3 years). At a court hearing for the incident in January 2017, he had avoided a driving ban.
- He is a strong supporter of the English professional soccer club Manchester United FC
Featured image by Derek Chisora / Instagram