|Eileen Gu Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Date of birth||3 September 2003|
Eileen Th She is an American-born freestyle skier who came into limelight after competing for China in 2019. She cemented her fame by becoming the first freeskier to win two golds at the FIS Freeski World Championship, achieving the feat in freeski in 2021. Halfpipe and freeski slopestyle. Eileen has garnered more than 220k followers on Instagram.
name at birth
Eileen Fang Gu
San Francisco, California, United States
She started attending free-skiing school at the age of 8. he had attended University of San Francisco High School,
- Mother – Yan Gu (skier)
5 feet 6 inches or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
She is of American descent on her father’s side in the family and Chinese descent on her mother’s side.
She often dyes her hair in different colors.
- big and expressive eyes
- fuller lips
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Tiffany & Co.
Eileen Gu Favorite Things
- motion – Black Lives Matter
Source , wikipedia.org
Eileen Gu Facts
- He was born to a first generation immigrant mother.
- She has confirmed that her mother had a passion for skiing and that she first participated in the sport at Hunter Mountain, her interest only deepening after relocating to the San Francisco Bay Area. He had put young Eileen in ski classes at Lake Tahoe so that his daughter could stay with him. It was his mother who accidentally made him an expert skier.
- Eileen has revealed that she had been thinking about competing for China since the age of 11 when it was announced that olympics will be held in China. To increase awareness of snow sports, China had set a target of 300 million people to climb on the snow and being successful in inspiring people has been its biggest goal. She looked at all American or Canadian skiers, and then saw a sharp contrast in China where the sport did not exist at a professional level. She longed for representation and encouraged more people to take up the sport in China as it brought her more than just trophies.
- She goes to Beijing every summer from the age of 2, making friends there and understanding the culture from an early age, realizing that she is more open to learning about other cultures and accepting differences has occurred. She moved from skiing to fashion, or grew up in an all-girls institute and then suddenly became the only girl on the all-boys ski team.
- Gu has said that skiing has instilled a lot of confidence in him when he saw what his body was capable of. Every time she masters a new move, it’s harder, not from a physical point of view, because she has to control her mind and let her body do what she’s never done before. Breaking her mental and physical limits, she has been euphoric and experienced one of the most incredible emotions that has made her feel empowered.
Featured image by Eileen Gu / Instagram