|Evgenia Kanaeva Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Date of birth||2 April 1990|
Evgenia Kanaeva is a Russian former rhythmic gymnast who is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest rhythmic gymnasts of all time. During his highly accomplished career, he won 2 ‘Gold’ medals Olympic Gamesover 18 medals Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships (17 ‘Gold’ and 1 ‘Silver’), 14 medals in Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championships (13 ‘Gold’ and 1 ‘Silver’), 3 ‘Gold’ medals Fig (Federation Internationale de Gymnastics) world cup final15 ‘Gold’ medals in Rhythmic Gymnastics Grand Prix Finaland 4 ‘gold’ medals play world, From 2007 to 2012, she finished in the ‘Top 6’ of the official world rankings for 6 consecutive years. She was world number one at the end of the 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012 seasons. He retired from the sport in 2012.
name at birth
Evgenia Olegovna Kanaeva
Kanai, Zhenya, queen of rhythmic gymnastics, Mother Teresa
Omsk, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR)
Evgenia took part Siberian State University of Physical Training and SportsA non-profit public higher education institution in his hometown of Omsk.
Rhythmic Gymnast (Retired)
- father – Oleg Kanev (former Greco-Roman wrestler) (d. October 2013)
- Mother – Svetlana Kanaeva (former rhythmic gymnast)
- siblings – Egor Kanev (Older Brother) (Greco-Roman wrestler)
5 feet 8 inches or 173 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
lover / spouse
Evgenia has dated –
- igor musatov (2013-2018) – Evgenia married former professional ice hockey player Igor Musatov on June 8, 2013. They have a son Vladimir (b. March 2014). The couple divorced in 2018 allegedly because of Igor’s drunken behavior.
Caste / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- toned physique
- shoulder length, straight hair
- cheerful smile
- glowing face
Evgenia has served as the brand ambassador for –
- Longines (2009-2012)
- Pantene (2012.) London Olympics,
It was sponsored by the American Multinational Financial Services Corporation. Visa Inc. for 2012 London Olympics,
Evgenia Kanaeva facts
- It was Evgenia’s grandmother, a keen fan of rhythmic gymnastics and figure skating, who introduced her to rhythmic gymnastics at the age of 6.
- Evgenia, a conscientious student, took a long time to practice the sport while her grandmother waited for her to take her home. She was also nicknamed ‘Mother Teresa’ by the training staff because of her kindness and concern for others.
- 2009. In World Rhythmic Gymnastics ChampionshipsShe became the first rhythmic gymnast to win all 6 titles (all-around, ball, hoop, ribbon, rope and team) in a single edition of the tournament. He repeated this feat in 2011.
- She holds the record for being the first gymnast to achieve a perfect score under the 30-point judging system.
- 2012 in London olympicsShe became the first individual rhythmic gymnast in history to win 2 wins. Olympic ‘Gold’ medal in all-round event. She also became the oldest gymnast to win Olympic ‘gold medal.
- She once said in an interview that she would learn to make and play the piano after her retirement from rhythmic gymnastics. Her mother had revealed that Evgenia was in the habit of saving her prize money for future education, including the study of foreign languages and computer-related subjects.
Featured image by Evgenia Kanaeva / Instagram