|Ilya Topuria Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Date of birth||21 January 1997|
Ilya Topuria is a Georgian-Spanish professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the K featherweight and lightweight divisions Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in October 2020. As of April 2022, they held a 4–0 win–loss record in the promotion. As of March 2022, he was ranked 15th in UFC Featherweight Ranking. before joining UFC In October 2020, they put together an 8-0 undefeated winning streak and were unbeaten in more than 4 years of competing in countries such as Spain, Finland, Belgium, Colombia and Bahrain. During this time, he had participated in promotions such as West Coast Warriors, climate show mma, Mix Fight Events (MFE), cage, cage warriorsAnd brave cf, In November 2016, he had secured the vacant position. MFE Featherweight Championship, He holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
name at birth
Halle, Gutersloh, Detmold, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Alicante, Valencian Community, Spain
He holds dual nationality.
professional mixed martial artist
- father – Zaza Topuria (Businessman)
- Mother – Inga Bendeliani Topuria
- siblings – Alexandre ‘Alex’ Topuria (Brother) (Mixed Martial Artist), Mari Talshadze (Sister), Anna Talshadze (Sister)
Lightweight, Featherweight, Bantamweight
5 feet 9 inches or 175.5 cm
5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Ilya has dated –
- salome kereslidze (2020-present)
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Georgian descent.
- toned physique
- side-cropped, side-parted hair
- sport a thick beard
- Is his entire chest and left arm covered with tattoos
Ilya Topuria Facts
- Born in Germany to Georgian parents, Ilya and his family returned to his native Georgia at the age of 7. He used to practice Greco-Roman wrestling in school.
- When he was 15, he moved to Alicante, Spain. It was here that he started practicing martial arts. His progress was rapid and in about 3 years, in April 2015, he made his professional mixed martial arts debut.
- His first 4 professional fights, across Spain, all in the featherweight division, were victories via submission – triangle choke, rear-neck choke, rear-naked choke and guillotine choke, respectively.
- His next bout, his first professional bout outside Spain, was also his bantamweight debut. It was another victory by submission (guillotine choke).
- HI’s sixth professional bout in Belgium was for Vacant Cage Warriors Bantamweight Championship, Although he won the first round match via technical submission (anaconda choke), he was ineligible to lift the title as he missed the agreed-upon weight (139.4 lb).
- As a result, he returned to the featherweight division for his next bout in September 2019. A submission victory in the first round (triangle straight armbar) extended the win-loss record for his entire professional career to 7–0.
- In May 2018, he along with his brother Alex became the first Georgian black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- In January 2022, he was scheduled to fight Movsar Evloev. UFC 270, Movsar, however, withdrew for unknown reasons and was replaced by Charles Jourdain. A medical problem related to weight loss caused Ilya to be withdrawn from the card and the bout was cancelled.
- In March 2022, at UFC Fight Night 204He was knocked down by a head kick in the first round, but recovered effectively to win the fight via knockout in the second round.
- This win earned him his first ‘Performance of the Night’ award. UFC Bonus Rewards of his career. This was also a light bout of his career, having previously competed in the featherweight and bantamweight divisions.
Featured image by Ilya Topuria/Instagram