|jayant yadav quick information|
|height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Date of birth||January 22, 1990|
|Husband or wife||Disha Chawla|
Jayant Yadav is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his country in the longer formats of the game (Test and ODI) as a frontline spin bowler. In the Indian domestic circuit, he has played for Haryana State (2011–present) in all 3 formats. In IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for Delhi Daredevils (2014-2018), The Mumbai Indians (2019-2021), and Gujarat Titans (2022-present).
name at birth
- father -Jai Singh Yadav
- Mother Laxmi Yadav (deceased)
- siblings – Riya Yadav (Sister), Gargi Yadav (Sister)
- other – Jyoti Yadav (Adoptive Mother), Yogendra Yadav (Uncle) (Activist, Politician, Election Expert), Madhulika Banerjee (Aunt) (Professor Delhi University,
right-arm off brake
- 22 – Test matches, One Day Internationals (ODIs)
- 19 – Delhi Daredevils (IPL), Mumbai Indians (IPL)
5 feet 10 inches or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Jayant has dated –
- Disha Chawla (2019-Present) – Jayant got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Disha Chawla in November 2019 and the couple got married in February 2021.
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- short hair
- friendly smile
- game a light stub
jayant yadav facts
- Jayant made his international debut for India in October 2016 in a bilateral domestic ODI against New Zealand. It was the 5th and last match of that series and was decisive as the series was tied 2–2. Jayant gave clear figures of 1/8 in 4 overs as India bundled out New Zealand for just 79 runs in 23.1 overs. This was New Zealand’s lowest score against India and their shortest innings in an ODI.
- His next ODI for India was in January 2022, after more than 5 years, against South Africa. As of March 2022, these were the only 2 ODIs he played.
- He made his Test debut for India in November 2016 in a home match against England. Incidentally, his ODI and Test debuts took place at the same venue – Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy International Cricket Stadium In Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. In the second innings of that match, he was India’s best bowler with figures of 3/30 in 11.3 overs, helping his team bundle out England for 158 runs. India won that match by 246 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the 5-match series.
- In the next match of that series, he scored 55 runs from the number 9 position in India’s first innings total of 417. This innings provided the first example for India, and just the 14th example overall, at batting positions 7, 8 and 9, scoring more than 50 runs in a single innings.
- In the next match of that series, he came out to bat in India’s first innings with a score of 364–7. He scored 104 runs in 204 balls and by the time he was dismissed, India’s score was increased to 605. This was Jayant’s first century in a Test match and the first century by an Indian batsman batting at No. 9. India won the match by an innings and 36 runs and equaled their record for consecutive Test matches without a loss (17).
Featured image by Jayant Yadav / Instagram