|Joel Embiid Quick Info|
|Date of birth||16 March 1994|
|friend||Anne de Paula|
Joel Embiid is a Cameroonian professional basketball player who has represented Philadelphia 76ers (2014–present), as a centre/power forward, in National Basketball Association (NBA). By March 2022, he was included in the annual ‘.nba All-Star Game’ for 5 consecutive years (2018-2022).
name at birth
Joel Hans Embiid
JoJo, The Process, Do-a-180, Troel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Joel attended Monteverde Academy, a private PK-12 school in Monteverde, Florida, but took a transfer after his first year there due to a lack of playing time with the school’s basketball team. He then. had studied in The Rock SchoolA Christian institution in Gainesville, Florida.
he had committed to University of Kansasoa public research university in Lawrence, Kansas, in November 2012. He joined that university the following year and played for Kansas Jayhawks basketball team. he had declared for nba draft In April 2014, except for his last 3 years of college eligibility.
professional basketball player
- father – Thomas Embiid (Colonel in the Army of Cameroon, former professional handball player)
- Mother — Christine Embido
- siblings – Arthur Embiid (younger brother) (d. October 2014). He also has a younger sister.
Center / Power Forward
21 – Philadelphia 76ers
Joel Embiid had a net worth of $35 million, according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
7 feet or 213.5 cm
127 kg or 280 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Joel has dated –
- Anne de Paula (2018-Present) – Joel started dating Brazilian model Anne De Paula in 2018. They have a son named Arthur Eliza de Paula Embiid (b. September 2020).
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- toned physique
- huge frame
- short cut, afro hair
- sport a thick beard
Joel Embiid Facts
- Joel played both volleyball and soccer as a child and had ambitions to play professional volleyball in Europe. He only ventured into basketball at the age of 15 and was discovered at a basketball camp by Luc Mbah A Moote, a Cameroonian professional basketball player who has represented Houston Rockets In nba,
- About a year later, Joel moved to the United States to pursue a career in basketball. In his senior year of high school, he had led The Rock SchoolU.S. basketball team to a 33-4 win-loss record and the state championship.
- In February 2014, he was named one of 30 finalists for the ‘Naismith College Player of the Year’ award, a tribute to inventor Dr. It is an annual basketball honor given to top men’s and women’s collegiate basketball players in honor of James Naismith. Basketball.
- He had a stress fracture in his back in March 2014 and missed that year big 12 and the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) tournament. In June 2014, he had surgery for a broken navicular bone in his right leg and was out of action for 4-6 months.
- About a month later, he was elected third overall. Philadelphia 76ers in the first round of 2014 nba draftThus became only the third person born in Cameroon nba Players after Ruben Baumtje-Baumtje and Luc Mbah a Moute.
- In August 2014, he signed his rookie scale contract with Philadelphia 76ers, However, he was later denied any role in the 2014–15 season due to a broken navicular bone in his leg. In June 2015, a CT scan showed that his leg was healing much slower than expected. He then underwent the second round of surgery on his foot in August 2015, due to which he would miss the entire 2015–16 season.
- He was delayed after injuries nba Debut for two seasons, ’emnba All-Rookie First Team for the 2016–17 season despite playing only 31 games.
- He has nicknamed himself ‘The Process’ in an enthusiastic response from fans to ‘The Process of Confidence’ during Sam Hinkey’s era (2013–2016) as general manager. Philadelphia 76ers,
- A polyglot, he is fluent in English, French and Bassa (a Bantu language spoken by about 300,000 people in the central and coastal regions of Cameroon).
- In March 2021, he announced that he would donate USD 100k, his winnings from 2021′nba All-Star Game’, for several homeless shelter organizations in Philadelphia. his team, Philadelphia 76ershad then announced that they would match their contribution and donate it to the same organizations.
- He is a teetotaler.
Featured image by Joel Embiid/Instagram