|Keegan Peterson Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Date of birth||8 August 1993|
|Husband or wife||Kailyn Casey Peterson|
Keegan Peterson is a South African professional cricketer who has represented his country in the Test match format of the game as a top-order batsman. In the South African domestic circuit, he has played for provincial and franchise teams Boland (2011-12-2016-17). cape cobra (2014-15-2016-17), knights (2016-17–2019-20), Northern Cape (2017-18–2019-20), dolphin (2020-21), and KwaZulu-Natal (2021-22-present) in all 3 formats.
name at birth
Keegan Darryl Peterson
Paarl, Western Cape Province, South Africa
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa
- father – Dirk Peterson (teacher)
right arm fracture
top order batter
93 – Test Match
5 feet 8 inches or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Keegan has dated –
- Kailyn Casey Peterson – Through his marriage to a law graduate named Kailyn, Keegan has a son named Blake Thomas Peterson (b. November 18, 2020).
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of South African descent.
- toned physique
- clipped hair
- friendly smile
- clean shaven look
Keegan Peterson Facts
- Keegan first came into limelight in the 2013–14 domestic season of cricket in South Africa, when he was the leading run-scorer in a first-class three-day competition. He scored 965 runs at an average of 48.25, including an unbeaten knock of 225 which was the highest score in the competition that season. For his performance, he was named ‘Three-Day Cricketer of the Year’ csa‘s (cricket south africaThe governing body for sports in the country) Annual Awards Ceremony.
- After grinding several seasons in the domestic circuit, he had made the selectors notice through his performances in the 2018-19 domestic season. He was the season’s leading run-scorer CSA 4-Day Franchise SeriesScored 923 runs in just 9 matches.
- This performance helped him get selected in South Africa’s squad for their home Test series against England in December 2019. This was the first time he was included in a senior national team. However, he could not make it to the playing XI during the series.
- In December 2020, he was named in South Africa’s Test match squad for the home series against Sri Lanka. However, he had to be withdrawn from the team after he tested positive for COVID-19.
- In January 2021, he was again named in South Africa’s Test match squad for their series against Pakistan. However, he was again unable to make it to the playing XI during the series.
- In May 2021, he was included in South Africa’s Test match squad for their away series against the West Indies. In June 2021, he made his international debut in the first Test of the series against West Indies. Although South Africa won the 2-match series 2–0, testing cricket at an individual level was a painful welcome for Keegan as he could only manage a total of 44 runs in 3 innings. in the series.
- He chose ’93’ as his Test match shirt number (the practice of adding numbers to the back of Test match shirts only started in August 2019) to denote his year of birth, 1993.
Featured image by Keegan Peterson / Instagram