|Kjeld Nuis Quick Info|
|height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Date of birth||10 November 1989|
|eye color||light brown|
kjeld nuis is a Dutch speed skater widely known for specializing in the mid-distance 1000 and 1500 metres. He has been the winner of several championships including winning gold medals in the 1500m and 1000m events. 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. Nuis has garnered over 160k followers on Instagram.
name at birth
6 feet 1 inch or 186 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
He has dated –
- Jill Lauren De Robles (2014-2018) – From 2014 to the end of 2018 he was in a relationship with Miss Netherlands World 2011, Jill Lauren de Robles. The couple has a son named Jacques (b. 2016).
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch origin.
- beard and mustache
- tattoos on his body
- dimple smile
he is sponsored by red Bull,
Kjeld Nuys Favorite Things
Source , instagram
Kjeld Nuys Facts
- On March 17, 2022, in Savlen, Norway, he set a new world speed skating record by sprinting at 103 kilometers per hour.
- Nuys was named “Dutch Player of the Year 2018” on 19 December 2018 NOC NSF Sports Gala,
- Nuis has said that at the age of 3, he was fascinated by television images of skating. He began to imitate the then European champion. His parents inform him that they have bought him skates and are living near a golf course with a moat around which he will walk in circles. At the age of 7 he had registered and started participating in competitions.
- He recalled that during his youth he not only focused on speed skating but actively pursued snowboarding, breakdancing, mountain biking, rollerblading, as well as weightlifting.
- Nuis has noticed that while riding the motorcycle he is completely gone and is not able to control himself. Then he felt weakness at a traffic light. He thought that if something went wrong, he would have to face the consequences and even after buying a motorcycle, he sold it after the son came.
- He has revealed that he believes he was able to win the gold medal as a result of a combination of talent, luck and perseverance. He thought that talent had something to do with success, but he was aware of his failures. He remembers that he had come at a time when he had to make a choice. After losing two games, he had the choice to either give up or continue. At that time, he firmly found that he was overweight.
- Nuis recalls that he was thrilled to skate at 93 km/h in the back of a car with an aero shield, also surprised at how hard it was. He wanted to go fast, and did so even as far as his skates would start to vibrate. He only saw how sick he was going when he came next to the aero shield.
- He had a memorable experience flying in a stunt plane, where he was completely upside down.
Featured image by Kjeld Nuis/Instagram