|Kumar Karthikeya Quick Information|
|height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Date of birth||26 December 1997|
|eye color||dark brown|
Kumar Karthikeya is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented Madhya Pradesh (2018–19–present) in all 3 formats of the game in the Indian domestic circuit as a frontline spin bowler. In IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for Mumbai Indians (2022-present).
name at birth
Kumar Karthikeya Singh
Kuwasi, Baldiray, Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
He divides his time between Madhya Pradesh, India and Uttar Pradesh, India.
- father Shyam Nath Singh (Constable) Territorial Armed ConstabularyPolice Department in the Indian State of Uttar Pradesh)
- Mother – Sunita Singh
He is represented by Abbott Media, Social Media and Talent Management Agency, Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox, Left-Arm Wrist Spin
26 – Mumbai Indians
5 feet 9 inches or 175.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- side-cropped hair
- friendly smile
- sport a thick beard
Facts of Kumar Karthikeya
- His passion for cricket meant that at the age of 15 he left his native state of Uttar Pradesh and moved to Delhi. He had joined renowned cricket coach Sanjay Bhardwaj’s academy there and taught himself wrist-spin, arguably the toughest skill in cricket. He left home after promising his family that he would not let his passion for cricket put a financial burden on his father.
- To meet his food and drink expenses in Delhi, he worked as a laborer in a factory in Mussoorie, a village about 80 km from the academy. He got a shared accommodation near the factory and worked in the factory all night before leaving for the academy in the morning. He often had to walk miles to save only 10 rupees to buy a packet of biscuits.
- When his coach, Sanjay Bharadwaj found out about this, he offered him to stay on the site he had for the academy’s chefs. When the cook offered him lunch on his first day, Kartikeya started crying saying that he had not had lunch for a year.
- With his performances on the local circuit, he soon started knocking on the doors of the Delhi senior team. However, after repeated rejections, Sanjay advised Kartikeya to try joining the senior state team of Madhya Pradesh. In the state trial matches, he took 5 wickets in every match and soon managed to make it to the state senior team across all formats.
- in the 2021-22 season of Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (the major domestic T20 cricket competition in India), he was the joint second-highest wicket-taker for Madhya Pradesh with 5 wickets at an excellent economy rate of 5.05.
- 2022. In IPL (Indian Premier League) Mega Auction, he remained unsold. However, in the middle of the tournament, in April 2022, Mumbai Indians He was named as Arshad Khan’s replacement for the rest of the season after being ruled out due to injury. He was contracted on his base price of INR 20 Lakh (approx USD 26,000).
Featured image/Instagram by Kumar Karthikeya