|Kyle Meyers Quick Info|
|height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Date of birth||8 September 1992|
|eye color||dark brown|
Kyle Meyers is a Barbadian professional cricketer who has represented West Indies in all 3 formats of the game (Test, ODI and T20I) as a batting all-rounder. Before joining the senior national team in 2020, he won the 2012 . had participated in Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, helps his team finish in a credible sixth place. In his team’s first match of that tournament, he recorded impressive figures of 2/35 in 10 overs and scored a crucial 43, a performance for which he was named ‘Player of the Match’. In the next match, against Papua New Guinea, he again recorded sensational figures of 3/12. He was also the team’s best bowler in their quarter-final match (3/42) against New Zealand, but could not stop the loss by 3 wickets. In the Caribbean domestic circuit, he has played for Combined Campus and Colleges (2011-12–2014–15), Barbados (2012–13, 2019-20), and the Windward Islands (2015–16–2018–19) in all 3 formats. In cpl (Caribbean Premier League), he has represented T20 franchise teams Barbados Tridents (2013-2014, 2017-2020) and St. Lucia Zooxo (2015-2017). In May 2022, he was awarded his first red-ball central contract. Cricket West Indies (CWI), the governing body for cricket in the West Indies (a sports federation of more than a dozen predominantly English-speaking Caribbean countries and dependencies that once constituted the British West Indies).
name at birth
Kyle Rico Meyers
- father Shirley Clarke (Cricket Coach, Former Cricketer)
right hand medium
71 – Test matches, One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), St Lucia Zouks (CPL)
6 feet 1 inch or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Kyle has a daughter named N’Kyah Mayers (b. August 2013) from an unnamed relationship.
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Afro-Barbadian descent.
- toned physique
- short curly hair
- friendly smile
- sport a thick beard
- wears ear studs
Kyle Meyers Facts
- Kyle, in January 2020, on the opening day of the 2019–20 edition West Indies Championship (54th ed. of ) Regional Four Day Competitiondomestic first-class cricket competition for the countries of Cricket West Indies (CWI)) recorded the first century of his first-class cricket career.
- In February 2022, in his first Test match for the West Indies, he scored an unbeaten 210 off 310 balls, helping his team overcome the highly improbable target of 395 runs, the 5th highest in the history of Test match cricket. The biggest was the chase. , and the highest successful run chase in Asia.
- He also became the 14th West Indies batsman to score a century on his Test debut. His immense, heroic effort had set many other records. He became the sixth batsman to score a double century in his first Test match.
- Kyle became only the second West Indies cricketer to score a double century in the fourth innings of a successful Test match chase. His contribution of 53% to the team’s total was the third-highest contribution by any batsman in a chase of 300 runs or more.
Featured image by Kyle Meyers / Instagram