|Magnus Carlsen Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Date of birth||November 30, 1990|
Magnus Carlson is a Norwegian chess player who has won world chess championship 5 times (2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021), World Rapid Chess Championship three times (2014, 2015, 2019), and World Blitz Chess Championship 5 times (2009, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019). Widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, and often the greatest, he held the No. 1 spot (as of February 2022). Fide (Federation Internationale des Echeux) consecutive world chess rankings since July 1, 2011. His highest rating of 2882 (achieved in May 2014) was the highest in history (as of February 2022) and he also holds the record for the longest unbeaten streak. 125 games; 42 wins and 83 draws) at the top level in classical chess. in 2013, Time The magazine included him in its list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in the World’.
name at birth
Sven Magnus N Carlson
Tnsberg Municipality, Vestfold and Telemark County, Norway
Oslo, Ostlandet, Norway
After completing his primary school, Magnus took a year off to participate in an international chess tournament held in Europe during the autumn of 2003. Norwegian College of Elite SportA higher secondary school based in Naderud, Borum, Norway with a focus on sports.
- father – Henrik Albert Karlsson (IT consultant)
- Mother – Sigrun en (Chemical Engineer)
- siblings – Ingrid Carlson (Younger Sister), Ellen Sane Carlson (Older Sister), Signe Carlson (Older Sister)
- other – Kurt Magnus Carlsen (Paternal Grandfather), Nils Svere Sen (Maternal Grandfather), Berit Baktun (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, Magnus Carlsen had a net worth of $50 million.
5 feet 10 inches or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Magnus has dated –
- Elisabeth Lorentzen Jonne (2019-2021)
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Norwegian descent.
- toned physique
- side-cropped, quiff hairstyle
- cheerful smile
- often have a light stubby or bumpy beard
Magnus Carlson Facts
- He displayed an aptitude for intellectual challenges from a very young age. He was able to solve a 50-piece puzzle by the age of 2 and by the time he was 4, he had assembled lego Sets whose instructions were intended for children aged 10-14. His father, an amateur player, had started teaching him chess.
- As a child Magnus’ memory was so sharp that he was able to remember the places, populations, flags and capitals of all the countries of the world at the age of 5. Soon after, they had memorized the locations, populations, coat-of-arms and administrative centers of almost all 356 Norwegian municipalities. As a child, he also loved to read and play football. Donald Duck comic books. He also practiced skiing till the age of 10.
- In November 2002, he won the 2002 . was tied for first place in World Under-12 Championship and eventually made Ian Nepomniachchi the runner-up at the tiebreak. As luck would have it, in December 2021, almost 2 decades later, Magnus will defeat Ian to win world chess championship 5th time. The sixth game of the 14-game championship match was a 136-move win for Magnus and lasted 7 hours and 45 minutes. It was the longest game at that time in the history of world chess championship,
- he had crossed Fide At the age of 18 he had a rating of 2800 and was the youngest player to achieve this feat. In 2010, at the age of 19, he reached the number 1 spot in Fide In the world rankings for the first time, becoming the youngest person to do so.
- In 2014, he became the first player to hold world chess championshipThe World Rapid Chess ChampionshipAnd this World Blitz Chess Championship together. He repeated this feat in 2019.
- he had won Chess OscarIt is a now defunct international award given annually to the best chess player in the world, from 2009 to 2013. The winner of the prize was selected through a worldwide survey of leading chess critics, writers and journalists.
- Well-known film director JJ Abrams offered her a role in the 2013 sci-fi film Star Trek Into Darkness As a ‘chess player from the future’. However, being unable to obtain a work permit in time for the shoot forced Magnus to forgo the role.
- In October 2013, he co-founded an Oslo-based company named Magnus AS. play whose first product was an iOS app called play magnus Which allows users to run a chess engine built using a database of thousands of their recorded games. The company had prepared 2 more apps named Magnus Trainer (2016) and Magnus Empire of Chess (2018).
- In March 2019, Magnus AS. play was merged with Chess24.com (an internet chess server). In September 2019, the group had acquired chess worthy, an interactive marketplace and chess learning platform. In October 2020, Magnus AS. play was listed on Oslo Stock ExchangeRaised USD 30.2 million and gave the company a valuation of USD 85.8 million. Magnus ChessAn entity controlled by Magnus and his family, 9.5% . owns Magnus AS. play, Magnus AS. play had achieved iChess in November 2020.
- He is a strong supporter of Spanish football giants Real Madrid CF and after he won world chess championship In 2013, he was invited by the club to take an honorary kick start. laliga game against real valladolid club de football in November 2013.
- he also follows Premier League and often plays fantasy football. In December 2019, he had reached the number 1 spot on Fantasy Premier League game, beating 7 million other players. He eventually finished the season in 10th place.
Featured image by Magnus Carlsen / Instagram