|Maris Breedis Quick Info|
|height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Date of birth||13 January 1985|
|Husband or wife||Julija Breede|
maris breedes is a Latvian professional boxer who first came into limelight when he won the vacant position IBA (International Boxing Association) cruiserweight title in November 2013. He retained that title in November 2014. they had won empty WBC (World Boxing Council) baltic Cruiserweight title in July 2014 and vacant ibf (International Boxing Federation) inter continental Cruiserweight title in February 2016. In May 2016, he had won WBC Silver Cruiserweight title and in April 2017, vacant WBC Cruiserweight title. He retained the latter title in September 2017. In January 2018, he was defeated by Oleksandr Usyk, after being unbeaten in 23 consecutive matches since the start of his professional career, thus leading to a loss. WBC Cruiserweight title. In June 2019, he had won wbo (World Boxing Organization) cruiserweight title. In September 2020, he had won the final of world boxing super series (WBSS) in the cruiserweight category, winning as a result ibf and empty ring Cruiserweight title. He retained those titles in October 2021. His September 2020 victory had also won him the coveted ‘Muhammad Ali Trophy’, awarded to champions from each weight category in each edition. WBSS,
name at birth
- father – Ints Breedes
- Mother — Zinaida Breede
- siblings – Santa Breed (Sister)
6 feet 3 inches or 190.5 cm
6 feet 1 inch or 185.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Maris has dated –
- Julija Breede (2008-Present) – Maris and Juliza started dating in 2008 and got married a few months later. They have 3 sons named Brendans Breedes (b. 2010), Raphael Breedes (b. 2015), and Gabriel Breedes (b. 2017).
They also have twin sons named Divids Kristaps Breedes (b. 2006) and Riards Daniels Breedes (b. 2006).
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Latvian origin.
- toned physique
- clipped hair
- often sports a light stub
- His right arm and upper right chest are covered with tattoos
Maris Breedes Facts
- Maris began his career as a full contact kickboxer in the mid-2000s. Representing Latvia in the sport, he won the ‘gold’ medal at Varna in 2008. Waco (World Association of Kickboxing Organizations) European Championship, He also won the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2005 Szegedo. Waco World Championship and 2007 Coimbatore Waco World Championship, All these medals came in the 86kg category.
- He switched to boxing in the late 2000s and won a ‘gold’ medal in 2008 Riga. Latvian National Championship2009 Jailgaon Latvian National Championshipand 2011 Jailgaon Latvian National Championship, All these medals came in the heavyweight category.
- In his early 20s, he also worked as a Latvian State Police Officer in Riga at the age of 24 before turning professional in 2009.
- when they won the blank WBC The cruiserweight title in April 2017, he became the first Latvian to hold a world boxing title.
- In the same year, he was awarded the ‘Order of the Three Stars’, the highest civilian order awarded for meritorious service to Latvia.
- In October 2021, he was ranked the best active cruiserweight boxer in the world by BoxRec, ringAnd this international boxing ranking board, He was also ranked the 8th best active boxer, pound for pound, by BoxRec,
- As of January 2022, he had won 28 of his 29 professional appearances. Of these, 20 were by knockout.
Featured image by Maris Byrdis/Instagram