|Matěj vancer Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Date of birth||26 March 2004|
matij vanser Slopestyle and big wind are Czech-Austrian freestyle skiers who rose to fame after winning gold in Winter Youth Olympics in 2020, after which he made his debut for Austria in the 2021–2022 season.
name at birth
Prague, Czech Republic
He has gone to an alpine ski school.
5 feet 5 inches or 165 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
- sharp features
- cheerful smile
Matěj vancer Favorite things
- trick – Double Front Flip
- parks , Absolute Park, Cardrone
- ski pattern – Anti Olilla, Torin Yatter-Wallace
- Meal – eggs, pistachios
Source , FreeRide.cz
Matěj Vanser Facts
- He changed citizenship from Czech to Austrian in February 2021. Since he had been riding with the Austrian ski group for a long time, they asked him about his change of nationality in 2016. He never got the pass he wanted and then switched from alpine skiing to freestyle skiing, going to try again. It only complicated matters and it took another two years, after which he realized that it was not a huge decision as he just wanted to ski. He thought that as he would pay for all travel and costs, it would make sense to relocate to Austria. He loves competing for them and holding a passport and being fully Austrian.
- Matoz recalled that his ski trip from goal to freestyle was very quick. He always used to go to the snow park after training with his friends. it was a trip with freestyle academy of skiing As for France, it had a huge impact on him when he saw a lot there and was able to at least learn the name of the jump. He decided to finish the slopes around Christmas and, in mid-January, he rode his first freestyle race at Q Park on Planai, where he finished second. He had no idea how it worked and felt lucky that he had met some friends on the spot who gave him the best advice.
- He has said that he enjoyed skiing in the Czech Republic and that he first skied at Les Arcs in France when he was only two years old and was with his family. His family often went to Austria on ski holidays. He said that after finishing school in Czech and passing exams for one in Austria, he was transferred there. However, the main reason was something other than skiing.
- vancer has confirmed that the timetable is built more around him by having the Alpine Ski Institute at his ski school, not freestyle, being mostly Alpine and Nordic having been a freestyler with only three others with him. His skiing had improved significantly after he was allowed to hang out with people at his school.
- Matoz has revealed that she liked combining some of the styles she’s seen, but still mainly banking on her own. He never craves to ride exactly like anyone else has and a little mix is most preferred.
- When not skiing, he has chosen to go skateboarding as well as inline skiing, ride wakeboarding in the summer, as well as go mostly on downhill bikes to Leogang.
Matěj vancer / Instagram . featured image by