|Mitchell Starc Quick Info|
|height||6 feet 6 inches|
|Date of birth||January 30, 1990|
|Husband or wife||Alyssa Healy|
Mitchell Starc is an Australian professional cricketer who has represented his country as a frontline fast bowler in all 3 formats of the game (Test, ODI and T20I). He was an integral member of the 2015 winning Australian team ICC Cricket World Cup and 2021 ICC World T20It was the 5th and the first time, respectively, that Australia had achieved this feat. In the Australian domestic circuit, he has played for his home state New South Wales (2008–09–present) in all 3 formats. In the franchise based T20 league, he has turned out for Sydney Sixers (2011-12-2014-15) bbl (Big Bash League) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (2014-2016) in IPL (Indian Premier League). A rare occurrence in modern cricket, Mitchell has also played outside his home country representing domestic cricket. Yorkshire County Cricket Club (2012) in England.
name at birth
Michelle Aaron Starc
FLOAT (Fastest left-armor ever)
Boulkham Hills, Hills District, Greater Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Michelle attended Homebush Boys High SchoolHomebush, a public school in Sydney.
- father – Paul Stark (d. 2021)
- siblings – Brandon Stark (Younger Brother) (‘Silver’ Medalist in High Jumper, 2010) Summer Youth Olympics‘Gold’ Medalist in 2018 Commonwealth Games,
- other Laura Turner (Sister-in-law) (Athlete), Greg Healy (Father-in-law) (Former Cricketer), Sandy Healy (Mother-in-law), Karen Healy (Sister-in-law) (Dead), Ian Healy (Uncle) (Former Professional Cricketer, One in Test Match Cricket) Former world record holder for most dismissals by wicketkeeper), Helen Healy (Aunt), Tom Healy (Cousin-Law) (Cricketer), Emma Healy (Cousin), Laura Healy (Cousin), Kenneth James Healy (Uncle) (Former Cricketer), Kim Healy (Aunt) )
left arm fast
56 – Test Matches, One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), New South Wales (Australian Domestic Cricket), Sydney Sixers (BBL), Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL)
6 feet 6 inches or 198 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Michelle has dated –
- Alyssa Healy (2015-Present) – Mitchell got engaged to fellow Australian professional cricketer Alyssa Healy in 2015 and they married on April 15, 2016. They have known each other since they were both 9 years old. They are only the third married couple (heterosexual) to have played international cricket in the Test match format after Prideaux (Roger Prideaux and Ruth Westbrook) did so for England in the 1950s and 1960s, and the d’Alvis couple (Guy d’Alvis). and Rasanjali Silva) represented Sri Lanka in the 1980s and 1990s.
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Slovenian descent.
- toned physique
- giant frame
- short-cropped, side-parted, wavy hair
- friendly smile
- often sports a bumpy stubble
Mitchell Starc Facts
- Mitchell during the third test match of the 2012-13 edition Border-Gavaskar Trophy (a biennial Test series contested by Australia and India), became the first cricketer to bat at number 9 or less and survive on 100 or more balls in both innings of the match. However, his valor with the bat could not prevent a 6-wicket loss to Australia as India took an unassailable 3-0 lead in the 4-match series. India won the last Test match and also recorded their first Test series whitewash against Australia (the feat of winning all matches in a series).
- He was the joint-highest wicket-taker (22) in Australia’s winning campaign in 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup And was named ‘Player of the Tournament’ for his gallantry. In the later edition of the tournament, he was the leading wicket-taker in the tournament (27), but Australia stumbled in the semi-final stage. This tally of 27 dismissals set a new record for most wickets by an individual bowler in a single edition of the tournament.
- This combined number of 49 wickets in the 2015 and 2019 editions of the tournament makes him the 5th highest wicket-taker in the history of the prestigious tournament as of March 2022. During the 2019 edition of the tournament, he had become as well. First bowler to make a record of taking five wickets three times ICC Cricket World Cup.
- He was the world’s leading wicket-taker (87) in all forms of international cricket for the calendar year 2015.
- In December 2016, in the ‘Boxing Day’ Test match against Pakistan, he broke Andrew Symonds’ record for most sixes. Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) Hitting 7 sixes in an innings.
- In November 2017, representing New South Wales against Western Australia, he became the first bowler to record a hat-trick in each innings of one (a feat of taking 3 wickets in 3 consecutive balls). Sheffield Shield (the major domestic first-class cricket competition in Australia) matches.
- He and his wife Alyssa Healy participate in an annual friendly golf competition that they affectionately name stolen cup By combining their last names (Healy and Stark).
- he is a strong supporter of Greater Western Sydney Giantsa professional club that competes in australian football league (AFL), the pre-eminent and only fully professional men’s competition of Australian rules football.
Featured image by Michelle Stark/Instagram