|Pooja Vastrakar Quick Information|
|height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Date of birth||25 September 1999|
|eye color||dark brown|
Pooja Vastrakar is an Indian professional cricketer, who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the game (Test, ODI and T20I) as a bowling all-rounder. That’s 2020. Was an integral part of the runner-up Indian team in ICC Women’s T20 World CupFor the first time, India had achieved this feat. In the Indian domestic circuit, she has played in all three formats for her home state Madhya Pradesh. In franchise based T20 cricket, she has come out supernova (2018, 2020) Women’s T20 Challenge,
name at birth
Babulal, Bablu, Chhota (Mini/Young) Hardik
Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh, India
Madhya Pradesh, India
- father Bandhan Ram Vastrakar (Former Employee) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), a Government of India owned telecom service provider)
- Mother – His mother died in 2009.
- siblings – Usha Vastrakar (Older Sister) (Runner). She has 3 other older sisters and 2 older brothers.
He is represented by Fairplay Sports, Athlete Management & Sports Marketing/PR Agency, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
right hand medium
- 23 – Test Match
- 11, 34 – One Day International (ODI)
- 11, 23 – T20 Internationals (T20Is)
5 feet 8 inches or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- side-cropped, quiff hairstyle
- friendly smile
Facts about Pooja Vastrakar
- Pooja started her cricketing journey by participating in local matches with the boys. When she started taking formal training, she was a specialist batsman. She was so prodigious that she made it to the state team in her teens. It was here that he also started focusing on his bowling.
- In 2016, while fielding during a senior women’s home match, she twisted her knee so badly that she had to undergo surgery on her anterior cruciate ligament.
- In October 2018, he was awarded the 2018 . Was included in India’s team for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, However, he sustained an injury during a practice match and was ruled out of the tournament.
- In India’s opening match of 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World CupAgainst arch-rivals Pakistan, she came to bat in the 34th over as India struggled to 114/6. He then played a brilliant innings of 67 runs in just 59 balls. By the time she was dismissed in the 50th and final over, she had pulled India’s score to a competitive 236. India won the game by 107 runs and was named ‘Player of the Match’ for his valor. This was India’s 11th consecutive win over Pakistan in women’s ODIs.
- In India’s next match of that tournament, against hosts New Zealand, she starred with ball recording figures of 4/34 in 10 overs. Despite this, New Zealand managed to score a total of 260 runs and beat India by 62 runs.
- In the 5th game of India’s group stage in that tournament, against defending champions Australia, she went to bat, leaving India at 213/6 in the 43rd over. He had turbocharged the innings with 34 off 28 balls to take India to 277/7 which was a highly competitive total. With the ball, she was India’s best performer and made a spell of 2/43 in 10 overs. Despite Pooja’s all-round performance, Australia chased down the target in the final over of the match, thus setting a new tournament record for most successful run chases.
- In the next match, against Bangladesh, he again scored with both bat (30 off 33 balls to take India to a total of 229 runs) and ball (6 to help India restrict Bangladesh to 119 runs). 2/26 in the over. ,
- As of March 2022, she jointly holds the record for most runs (51) in a match at the 9th batting position in Women’s ODIs. He achieved this feat in the match against Australia in March 2018.
Featured image by Pooja Vastrakar / Instagram