|Praveen Tambe Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Date of birth||8 October 1971|
|Husband or wife||Vaishali Tambe|
Praveen Tambe is an Indian professional cricketer, who represented his home city team of Mumbai (2013–14–2016–17), as a frontline spin bowler in the Indian domestic circuit. In IPL (Indian Premier League), he has played for Rajasthan Royals (2013-2015), Gujarat Lions (2016), and Sunrisers Hyderabad (2017). He also participated in the 2020 edition of cpl (Caribbean Premier League), turned out for Trinbago Knight Riders, He first came into the limelight in the summer of 2013, when he was selected Rajasthan Royals, He had never played professional cricket until and during IPL season, he became the oldest at that time IPL budding, at the ripe old age of 41.
name at birth
Praveen Vijay Tambe
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- father – Vijay Tambe
- Mother – Jyoti Tambe
- siblings Prashant Tambe (Brother) (Engineer)
right hand leg brake
- 02 – Rajasthan Royals (IPL), Trinbago Knight Riders (CPL)
- 15 – Gujarat Lions (IPL)
5 feet 5 inches or 165 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Praveen has dated –
- Vaishali Tambe Praveen and Vaishali have been a part of a long marriage and were together till April 2022. They have 2 children together – a son named Pranav Tambe and a daughter named Pari Tambe.
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- short cut, side parted hair
- cheerful smile
- clean shaven look
Facts of Praveen Tambe
- Starting playing club cricket in the 1995–96 season, Praveen had to work hard for many years in the heat and dust of Mumbai to make a name for himself. During his time as a club cricketer, he also used to work a day job.
- before IPL Called in 2013, the closest he came to playing senior-level professional cricket was the period between 2000 and 2002 when he was named in Mumbai’s list of probables for selection. Ranji Trophy (the major domestic first-class cricket competition in India) squad. However, he was not selected for the final team.
- though his IPL The selection in 2013 came as a surprise to many, with their association with the tournament starting long ago. From 2008 to 2012, he worked as Liaison Officer whenever IPL matches were held in DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.
- he won his IPL Contract after being seen by scouts during an invitational T20 tournament. He was the coach of a team in that tournament, but had to step down as a player after that team’s first-choice bowler was injured. He scored 12 runs and led his team to the title.
- in 2013 Champions League Twenty20 (a now defunct international T20 franchise tournament), he won the ‘Golden Wicket’ award for topping the tournament’s wicket-taking chart (12 wickets in 6.5 matches at an astonishing average of 6.50).
- In May 2014, he registered a hat-trick in a match (a feat of dismissing 3 batsmen in 3 consecutive balls). Kolkata Knight Riders, This was only the 12th such occasion in the history of the tournament. He also wore the ‘Purple Cap’ (awarded to the highest wicket taker in one). IPL season) till the 25th match of that season.
- during the 2018 season of T10 LeagueHe was the first player to take 5 wickets in the history of T10 format. In the same match, he also recorded a hat-trick, becoming the second player in the league to take a hat-trick.
- in 2020 IPL auction, he was acquired by Kolkata Knight Riders and had even retracted his 2018 retirement decision to play for him. However, he was disqualified by IPLof the governing body because he played in T10 League without obtaining proper permission from BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India), the governing body of the sport in the country.
- In July 2020, he became the first Indian cricketer to get a contract cpl (Caribbean Premier League). The following month, he became the first Indian cricketer to play a game in the tournament.
- In April 2022, a biopic based on his life was titled Who is Praveen Tambe? (Praveen Tambe Hu?) was released on the subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service Disney+ Hotstar,
Featured image by Praveen Tambe / Instagram