|Priyank Panchal Quick Information|
|height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Date of birth||April 9, 1990|
|eye color||dark brown|
Priyank Panchal is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his home state Gujarat (2008–present) in the Indian domestic cricket circuit, in all 3 formats, as an opener. As of mid-December 2022, he had scored over 7,000 runs in 100 first-class matches (at an average of 45.52 with 24 centuries), over 2,800 runs in 75 List A games (at an average of 40.19 with 5 centuries), and He scored over 1,300 runs in 50 T20 matches (with 8 fifties at a strike rate of 126.98) in his domestic career. In January 2022, he was named as one of the 5 standby players in India’s squad for the upcoming home Test series against England. In December 2022, after regular opener Rohit Sharma was ruled out due to a hamstring injury, he was named in India’s main squad for their upcoming Test series in South Africa.
name at birth
Priyank Kiritbhai Panchal
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- father – Kiritbhai Panchali
- Mother – Deepti Panchal (fashion designer)
- siblings Brinda Panchal (Sister) (Interior Designer)
- other Amit Kothari (brother-in-law)
right hand medium
5 feet 8 inches or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- short cut, side parted hair
- friendly smile
- sport a bumpy beard
Priyank Panchal Facts
- Priyank found success in domestic cricket during the 2003–04 season when he started competing in Polly Umrigar Trophy (National Under-15 Cricket Championship). He participated in the competition for 2 seasons. He then moved up to the next age-group level and scored a century in his last match. Vijay Merchant Trophy (National Under-16 Cricket Championship) in the 2005–06 season.
- In February 2008, in his List A debut, in a game against Maharashtra Vijay Hazare Trophy (the major domestic List A cricket tournament in India), he scored 123 runs in 115 balls.
- After grinding it out on the domestic circuit for over a decade, he came into the national spotlight in the 2016-17 season. Ranji Trophy (the major domestic first-class cricket tournament in India) where he became the first player to score 1,000 runs in singles for Gujarat. Ranji Trophy weather. He scored 1,310 runs in just 10 matches, which was the most runs by any batsman of any team in that season. His performance was enhanced by the fact that Gujarat had won Ranji Trophy title for the first time in history that season.
- In November 2016, he also became the first player to score a triple century for Gujarat Ranji Trophy, He was the leading run-scorer for Gujarat in the 2017-18 session of Ranji Trophy Also, scored 542 runs in 7 matches.
- He was the leading run-scorer for Gujarat in the 2018–19 edition Vijay Hazare trophyScored 367 runs in 8 matches.
- In August 2019, he was made the captain of India Red Team for the 2019-20 edition of Duleep Trophy (A domestic first-class cricket competition originally contested by teams representing the geographical regions of India, and by selected teams from the 2016–17 season onwards BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India selector).
Featured image by Priyank Panchal / Instagram