|Rishi Dhawan Quick Information|
|height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Date of birth||February 19, 1990|
|Husband or wife||Deepali Chauhan|
Rishi Dhawan is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his country as a bowling all-rounder in 3 ODIs (all against Australia) in January 2016 and a lone T20I against Zimbabwe in June 2016 until April 2022. He has represented his home state team of Himachal Pradesh (2007–present) in the Indian domestic circuit. In IPL (Indian Premier League), he has played for Kings XI Punjab (2008, 2014-2016), Mumbai Indians (2013), Kolkata Knight Riders (2017), and Punjab Kings (2022-present). He is widely regarded as the best cricketer produced by the northern Indian hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
name at birth
Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India
Himachal Pradesh, India
- siblings – Raghav Dhawan (Older Brother) (Professional Cricketer)
He is represented by Fairplay Sports, Athlete Management & Sports Marketing/PR Agency, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
right hand medium-fast
- 55 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 19 – Kings XI Punjab (IPL), Punjab Kings (IPL)
5 feet 9 inches or 175.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Rishi has dated –
- Deepali Chauhan (2017-Present) – Rishi got engaged to his long term girlfriend and fashion designer Deepali Chauhan in January 2017 in a private ceremony held in his hometown Mandi. The couple got married in February. 2019 and they have a son named Ridhav Dhawan (b. 2020).
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- short hair
- friendly smile
- sport a thick beard
Rishi Dhawan Facts
- Rishi started his cricket journey as an opener in junior cricket. However, with time, he transformed into a seam-bowling all-rounder who could bat in the middle order.
- He first came into limelight in 2006, when at the age of 16, he registered a mammoth innings of 340 runs for Himachal Pradesh against Railways. Cooch Behar Trophy (India’s national cricket tournament for under-19 players).
- He was the highest wicket-taker (49 wickets in 8 matches) in the 2013–14 season. Ranji Trophy (The major domestic first-class cricket competition in India). The performance earned him an ‘India A’ call-up for Australia’s limited overs tour in July 2014. He played a crucial, unbeaten, innings of 56 runs in Australia to help India A win the tournament. The last.
- With 519 runs in 8 matches, he was the highest run-scorer in the 2018-19 season for Himachal Pradesh. Ranji Trophy,
- In December 2021, he captained Himachal Pradesh to win the 2021–22 season Vijay Hazare Trophy (the major domestic first-class cricket competition in India) by defeating favorites Tamil Nadu in the final. This was the first time that Himachal Pradesh had won the senior level trophy in the Indian domestic circuit.
- Rishi was one of the stars of the tournament, finishing as the second-highest run-scorer of the tournament (458 runs at an incredible average of 76) as well as the second-highest wicket-taker (17 wickets at an average of 23). Happened. ,
- In his first game of 2022 IPLagainst Chennai Super Kings, his first match in the tournament in almost 5 years, he made headlines with the protective face gear he wore while bowling. He later revealed that it was to protect his nose, which had surgery to treat an injury he had suffered just before the tournament.
Featured image by Rishi Dhawan / Instagram