|Shrikant Kidambi Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Date of birth||February 7, 1993|
|eye color||dark brown|
Shrikant Kidambik is an Indian professional badminton player who created history in December 2022 when he became the first Indian to reach the final. bwf (Badminton World Federation) world Championships In men’s singles event. As of December 2022, he has 1. had won BWF International Challenge/Series Title – 2012 Maldives International; 3 BWF Grand Prix Title – 2013 Thailand Open2015 Swiss Openand 2016 Syed Modi International, and 6 BWF Superseries Title – 2014 China Open2015 India Open2017 Indonesia Open2017 Australian Open2017 Denmark Openand 2017 French Open, In April 2018, for some time, he reached the world number one spot in the official bwf Men’s Singles Ranking. For his services in sports, the Government of India honored him with Arjuna Award (India’s second highest sporting honour) in 2015; And this Padma Shri (India’s fourth highest civilian award) in 2018.
name at birth
Srikanth Nammalwar Kidambik
Ravulapalem, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
professional badminton player
- father – KVS Krishna (Landlord)
- Mother – Radha
- siblings Nandagopal Kidambi (Older Brother) (Professional Badminton Player)
He is represented by Baseline Ventures, Sports Marketing, Entertainment & Brand Licensing Company, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 feet 10 inches or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- short cut, side parted hair
- friendly smile
- sport a thick beard
Facts of Shrikant Kidambi
- Srikanth first came into limelight when he won the ‘Bronze’ medal in 2011 in Lucknow Badminton Asia Junior Championships In the mixed team event. In the same year, he won a ‘silver’ medal in the mixed doubles event and a ‘bronze’ medal in the boys’ doubles event at Douglas. Commonwealth Youth Games,
- In November 2014, he stunned the world of badminton by defeating him 5 times world champion and 2 times Olympic champion Lin Dan in the 2014 final China Open super series premiere Tournament. He defeated the Chinese superstar in a close fight but eventually managed to seal the deal in straight sets. The final scoreline in the match was 21-19, 21-17. This achievement made him the first Indian player to win super series premiere Men’s title.
- 2016 in Guwahati-Shillong South Asian GamesHe won the ‘gold’ medal in both men’s singles and men’s team events. In the 2019 edition of the tournament, he again won the ‘gold’ medal in the men’s team event.
- Feather Badminton Asia Team ChampionshipHe won a ‘bronze’ medal in the men’s team event in both 2016 and 2020.
- In 2017, he became the first Indian male player to win, defeating Kazumasa Sakai of Japan 21–11, 21–19. Indonesia Super Series title. when he won Australian Super Series At the end of that year, he was 3. became the first Indian player to enter the finals of super series Frequent events/tournaments.
- 2018 in Gold Coast Commonwealth GamesHe won a ‘gold’ medal in the mixed team event and a ‘silver’ medal in the men’s singles event.
Featured image by Shrikant Kidambi / Instagram