|Shrikar India Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Date of birth||3 October 1993|
|Husband or wife||Anjali Nedunurik|
Shrikar Bharti is an Indian professional cricketer, who has represented his home state Andhra (2012–present) in the Indian domestic circuit in all 3 formats. In IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for Delhi Daredevils (2015), Royal Challengers Bangalore (2021), and Delhi Capitals (2022-present).
name at birth
Kona Shrikar Bharti
Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
- father Srinivasa Rao (Naval Dockyard Employee)
- Mother – Kona Devi
- siblings Manoghana Lokesh (Sister)
wicket keeper batsman
15 – Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL)
5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Shrikar Bharat has dated –
- Anjali Nedunurik (2020-Present)- Sreekar Bharat married his longtime girlfriend Anjali Nedunuri in 2020.
Caste / Ethnicity
- toned physique
- short cut, side parted hair
- friendly smile
- sport a thick beard
Shrikar India Facts
- Sreekar Bharat first came into limelight on the Indian domestic scene in February 2015, when he became the first wicket-keeper batsman to score a triple century in history. Ranji Trophy (The premier domestic first-class competition in India). later on that month, year IPL auction, he was signed up for INR 10 Lakh Delhi Daredevils Voting. However, he did not manage any playing time with the team, and was released the following season.
- In November 2019, he was called up to join India’s Test match squad for the second Test of the 2-match home bilateral series against Bangladesh, as cover for current wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha, who was injured. were battling. This was the first time that Bharat had been part of a senior national team.
- Similarly, in January 2020, he was included in India’s squad for the ODI series against Australia after current wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant suffered an injury. In January 2021, he was named as one of the 5 standby players in India’s Test squad for the upcoming bilateral home series against England. However, Bharat could not make it to the ‘Playing XI’ in any of the matches of any of these series.
- In May 2021, he was included in India’s Test match squad for their upcoming bilateral series against England as cover for Wriddhiman Saha. In November 2021, during a home Test match against New Zealand, he took over the field and took over the wicket-keeping duties as regular keeper Saha was injured during the match. According to the rules, he could only keep wickets but could neither bat nor bowl.
- As per the rules, the match would also not count in his tally, which meant that even though he spent a significant amount of time on the field, he did not officially make his international debut. In that match, he took 2 crucial catches behind the stumps and also recorded one stumping (none of which would go into his official record).
- In February 2022, the Indian team management indicated that they would look ahead to Saha, meaning that Bharat became India’s second-choice wicketkeeper after Pant in the Test match format.
Featured image by Shrikar Bharat / Instagram