|Thanasi Kokinakis Quick Info|
|height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Date of birth||10 April 1996|
|eye color||light brown|
Thanasi Kokinakiso is an Australian professional tennis player who specializes in both the singles and doubles formats of the game. He Was Broke In The Officer’s ‘Top 70’ ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) reached the singles ranking in June 2015 and the third round of the singles event in 2015 French Open, in a single format, but atp world tourhe had won Adelaide International in January 2022. He broke into the ‘Top 140’ of the doubles rankings in July 2015 and reached the third round of the doubles event in 2015. Wimbledon Championship, in doubles format, but atp world tourhe had won Brisbane International in January 2017. He was also a member of the Australian team that reached the semi-finals of the 2015 edition of the prestigious Davis Cup (the major international team event in men’s tennis). This was the country’s best performance in the tournament since winning the title in 2003.
name at birth
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
professional tennis player
- father – Trevor (Tryphon) Kokinakiso
- Mother – Voula Kokinakis (née Paraskevi)
- siblings – Panayotti ‘Pan’ Kokinakis (Brother), Christina Kokinakis (Sister)
He is represented by Fraser Wright, Manager, Booking Agent, PR Agent, International Management Group (IMG), London, England, United Kingdom.
Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
6 feet 4 inches or 193 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Thanasi has dated –
- donna wacky (2015)
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Greek origin.
- toned physique
- giant frame
- side-cropped, wavy hair
- friendly smile
- clean shaven look
Thanasi is sponsored by –
- Nike, Inc.
- Safety Culture (cloud-based software company)
Thanasi Kokinakis Favorite Things
- tennis shot – forehand, serve
- tennis surface – clay, hard
- Play – tennis, basketball
- Tennis Tournament/Event – Australian Open
- Tennis Role Model / Idol – Marat Safin
- Hobbies interests – Watch NBA (National Basketball Association) matches, play video games Play Station
- basketball teams – Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets
Thanasi Kokinakis Facts
- Thanasi first developed an interest in tennis when he was about 7 years old after starting to play the game recreationally with his brother.
- During his junior career, he had reached a peak of number 10. In 2013, he had won Wimbledon The boys’ doubles title and the boys’ singles in both had finished as runners-up. Australian Open And this US Open,
- His breakthrough year in top-flight tennis was 2015 when he reached his peak. ATP ranking in both singles and doubles formats and also recorded his best Grand Slam Performances in both singles and doubles formats. However, the year ended on a sour note for him as he had to undergo shoulder surgery to repair the ongoing injury.
- The surgery limited him to only one singles match from November 2015 to May 2017. He later admitted that the injury was caused by vanity as he tried to lift excessive weights in the gym to increase the size of his biceps as he had heard reports that nike Was bringing new sleeveless tops.
- In January 2017, when he won the doubles title Brisbane InternationalThe first ATP-level doubles title of her career, and as of January 2022, the only such title of her career, she and Jordan Thompson had become the first Australian doubles to win. Brisbane International,
- The biggest win of his career came in March 2018, when he defeated defending champion and then world No. 1 ranked Roger Federer in the second round. Miami Open With a score of 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7-4). Thanasi was ranked 175th in the tournament-going world and thus became the lowest-ranked player to beat the then world number 1 player since Thanasi’s mentor Lylton Hewitt upset world number 178 Clavet in 2003. went. In a strange coincidence, Layton was also defeated in the second round of the same tournament known as NASDAQ-100 Open that time.
Featured image by Thanasi Kokinakis/Instagram