|Tim Tziu Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Date of birth||2 November 1994|
tim tzu is an Australian professional boxer who, as of May 2022, had won all 21 of his professional bouts, 15 of them via knockout. In October 2017, he won the vacant WBC (World Boxing Council)-abco (Asian Boxing Council) Continental light-middleweight title. He retained the title in both May 2018 and August 2018. In February 2019, he secured the vacant position wba (World Boxing Association) Oceania Interim light-middleweight title. In May 2019, he captured the Australian light-middleweight title. In August 2019, he won ibf (International Boxing Federation) Australians and Inauguration wbo (World Boxing Organization) global light-middleweight title. He retained those 2 titles in December 2019, August 2020 and December 2020. He went on to retain those 2 titles in March 2021, July 2021, November 2021 and March 2022. In July 2021, he took over the vacant Commonwealth Light. -Middleweight title. In November 2021, he achieved wbo Asia Pacific light-middleweight title.
name at birth
Timofey Konstantinovich Tszyu
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Tim attended St. George Christian School, an independent non-denominational Christian primary and secondary day school located in the suburbs of southern Sydney. He also studied in Newington College, an independent uniting church primary and secondary day and boarding school for boys based in Stanmore, Sydney. he later joined University of Technology SydneyTo pursue a business degree, a public research university in Sydney.
- father – Konstantin Borisovich ‘Kostya’ Tszyu (former professional boxer, winner of the multiple) Light-Welterweight World Championship including undistorted and linear titles between 2001 and 2005; 1989 ‘Bronze’ medalist in the lightweight division World Amateur Boxing Championships, ‘Gold’ medalist in 1989 and 1991 European Amateur Boxing Championships, Inducted into the ‘International Boxing Hall of Fame’ in 2011)
- Mother – Natasha Anikin
- siblings – Anastasia Tszyu (Younger Sister), Nikita Tszyu (Younger Brother) (Professional Boxer)
- other – Boris T. Tszyu (Paternal Grandfather) (Fitter in a metal factory), Valentina Tziu (Paternal Grandmother) (Nurse), Tatiana Averina (Step-mother). He has 2 younger half-brothers.
6 feet or 183 cm
5 feet 9 inches or 175.5 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
girlfriend / spouse
Tim has dated –
- Alexandra Constantine (2016-present)
Caste / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of Russian, Korean and Mongolian descent.
- toned physique
- short cut, side parted hair
- friendly smile
- often sports a light stub
tim tszi facts
- Although his father was a world champion boxer, Tim’s first sporting interest was gymnastics and he enrolled at a local training center at the age of 6.
- After about 4 years, he turned to football and was selected to play for several local representative teams. However, by the time he and his family had temporarily relocated to Moscow, his interest in sports had peaked at the age of 13.
- He returned to Sydney a few months later and by the time Tim turned 15, he had decided to pursue a career in boxing.
- 2011 in Melbourne Australian National ChampionshipHe won the ‘Bronze’ medal in the light welterweight category. Before turning professional in 2016, he had an impressive 33-1 win-loss record in amateur boxing.
- A portrait of Tim, drawn by Serbia-born, Sydney-based artist Ksenija Hernjak, a finalist for the 2022 edition. Archibald AwardAn Australian Portrait Art Award for painting, generally considered the most prestigious portrait award in Australia.
Featured image by Tim Tszy/Instagram