|Wanindu Hasaranga Quick Info|
|height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Date of birth||29 July 1997|
|eye color||dark brown|
Wanindu Hasranga is a Sri Lankan professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the game (Test, ODI and T20I) as an all-rounder. He represented Sri Lanka in 2016, before joining the senior national team in July 2017. Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, where the team finished fourth in a 16-team competition. In the Sri Lankan domestic circuit, he has played for Colombo Cricket Club (2015-present) in all 3 formats. At the franchise level, he has turned out to Jaffna Kings (formerly known Jaffna Stallions) (2020-present) in LPL (Lanka Premier League). He was an integral member of the team that won LPL titles in both 2020 and 2021. In the first of those seasons, he took 17 wickets and was named ‘Player of the Tournament’. He has also been out outside Sri Lanka. sylhet sixers (2017) in below the poverty line (Bangladesh Premier League) and Royal Challengers Bangalore in (2021) IPL (Indian Premier League).
name at birth
Pinnaduwege Vanindu Hasaranga De Silva
Galle, Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Vanindu had participated Richmond CollegeA primary and secondary school in Galle.
- siblings Chaturanga de Silva (Older Brother) (Professional Cricketer)
- other – Nirma de Silva (Sister-in-law)
right hand leg brake
- 49 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 13, 49 – Jaffna Kings (formerly known as Jaffna Stallions) (LPL)
5 feet 9 inches or 175.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Caste / Ethnicity
He is of Sri Lankan origin.
- toned physique
- short curly hair
- sport a thick beard
Wanindu Hasranga Facts
- in 2016 Under-19 ICC Cricket World CupWanindu was Sri Lanka’s best bowler in his last group stage match against Pakistan, taking 2 for 30 in a 23-run defeat. In the team’s next match, the quarter-final against England, he was again the team’s leading bowler, registering figures of 3/34 in a 6-wicket win.
- In November 2017, he was named ‘Most Promising Player in Domestic Cricket’ for the 2016–17 season. Sri Lanka CricketAnnual Awards Ceremony.
- With 765 runs in 9 matches, he was the leading run-scorer for Colombo Cricket Club in the 2018-19 season of premier league tournament (A part of the main domestic first-class cricket competition in Sri Lanka).
- In July 2017, on his ODI debut, in a match against Zimbabwe, he took the last 3 Zimbabwean wickets in 3 consecutive balls, becoming the youngest bowler in history to take a hat-trick on ODI debut. He was only the third player in ODI history after Taijul Islam and Kagiso Rabada to achieve this feat. He also became the first leg-spinner to take a hat-trick in an ODI.
- In September 2019, in a bilateral away T20I series against Pakistan, he took 8 wickets in 3 matches and was named ‘Player of the Series’. It was Sri Lanka’s first win in a T20I bilateral series against Pakistan. It was also the first time in the 3-match T20I series that Sri Lanka won 3–0.
Featured image by Wanindu Hasaranga/Instagram